Working with our clients using the Birkman Method, we have found there are significant variations in individuals, regardless of cultural background and gender. Also, individuals whose motivations are in cultural alignment with their employer organisation’s culture tend to be more successful.
We have developed a strong belief platform that underpins all our work, whether supporting a student’s decision on study choices or assisting a senior executive to increase their overall effectiveness as a leader and manager.
Key aspects of our beliefs are:
- Individual differences are vital for both personal effectiveness and organisational effectiveness
- Individual differences relate to personal, social and occupational behaviour making us all unique
- Individuals have behavioural strengths and weaknesses that are dependent on the context in which they are operating
- Increased personal effectiveness can be achieved by leveraging the behavioural strengths of individuals
- Individuals can manage (change) their behaviour if they really believe in the importance of doing so
- Alignment of one’s motivations with expectations of others within a given environment, provides a significant opportunity for personal effectiveness and overall organisational effectiveness
- Awareness of the impact of ones behaviour (effective and ineffective) within a given context and choosing the appropriate behaviour can significantly increase personal effectiveness and potential.
Importance of Cultural Alignment in improving overall Personal Effectiveness
As every organisation has its distinctive culture that underpins the environment that it’s employees must work, it is important that your career choice takes into consideration how well your values align with this culture.
It is advisable that you consider the alignment of your styles and motivations in relation to others within the organisation, and to the organisation’s culture as a whole.
Your engagement and related effectiveness within an organisation is heavily dependent on this alignment.
It is important that you:
- Understand yourself in terms of your strengths and needs and be aware that your strengths are situational
- Learn to work with the strengths and differences of others
Successful individuals understand their own style and know how to modify their style in a variety of situations.