Birkman Method Certification requires that all applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Several years of management consulting experience (internal or external)
- Senior level Organisational Development or Human Resource position inside an organization
- For church applications, a senior level pastoral position
- Minimum three-year degree from an accredited university
Obligations of a Certified Birkman Consultant
- Twenty hours of continuing education every three years is required to retain Birkman Certification, and must be earned through Birkman International or an approved Birkman Learning Partner (CMS in Australia) in a distance learning or workshop setting.
- Eight hours may be earned by attending a conference sponsored by Birkman International, Inc. if one is scheduled
- Consultants need to keep their own records of hours from courses taken and dates. Please keep the certificates received in case you are subject to a random audit by Birkman International Inc.
- Contact information needs to be kept current. Please log on to Birkman Direct to update your account or contact Birkman International directly.
- If you let your certification expire, it will be necessary to complete another application to reapply.
- Consultants who choose not to re-certify are to discontinue use of the Birkman Certification Consultant designation, logos and materials.
- All grievances toward a Birkman Certified Consultant are to be submitted in writing to the Birkman International Director of Training for review. The director will then investigate the grievance making sure to contact the Certified Consultant in question. Should it be determined that unethical use has occurred regarding The Birkman Method, certification status will be immediately revoked.