During the 20 years we have been supporting individuals and organisations, only a few individuals have put sufficient time into developing their own career strategy.
Why do some executives seem to self-destruct in the middle of their careers? Recent research suggests reasons that an executive career can derail are:
- Problems with interpersonal relationships
- Difficulty building or leading a team
- Difficulty changing or adapting to a shift in organisational culture due to a merger or acquisition
- Failure to meet business objectives
- Too narrow a functional orientation
Technical skills, while important, are seldom the only critical parameter for leadership success. Social competencies and motivational alignment within the organization are also important considerations that impact the effectiveness of an executive.
Our career strategy programmes focus on assisting individuals to make choices that align their strengths and career goals within the context of the organisation.
Want to learn more about our approach, contact us.